Thursday, December 31, 2009

But I don't look sick....

I would have to say that one of the most frustrating things with having Lupus is the "but I don't look sick" feeling.  On the outside, I look fine...normal even – if you didn’t KNOW I had Lupus you’d never even think I was sick. But on the inside...Lord help me. Obviously I’m not asking to “look” sick, but sometimes it would just make things a little easier. Weird, I know.
 
I just hate it when after sitting for a while or so and I go to stand, either my knees, hips or feet are completely locked up. So when I go to take my first few steps, I’ll get "the look". I hate it. People will usually say "What's wrong?" or "What happened?", but what do you do? I don't want people to think of me as one of those people who just waits for someone to ask something like that to give them a reason to just moan and groan about their problems. So I’ll just say “oh nothing" and keep on going. I’d hate to think of what might go through someone’s mind though, because sometimes the way I walk with a limp people probably think I have to go #2 or something :)
 
It's a catch-22 man, because I don’t want to be like “Oh, I have Lupus” but how are you supposed to answer the "What's wrongs"? Not only that, but it's frustrating too, because if someone does see me limping one hour and then in the next hour my knees or hips will loosen up enough to where I don't have to limp, I could only imagine what people think....."wait, one second she's limping, the next she isn't.....faker". I hate to say it like that but, hey...I'd think the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment